Oh how much we love baskets and bags. Not just for Easter. We are three women in the family and my 4 year old adores bags much more than I do. Which kid does not like carrying around a bag with “stuff” inside all the while feeling very important. Let’s create a themed basket today. Today’s Easter craft is simple enough for younger kids to carry out the craft almost independently
Before we go on to our Easter craft, don’t forget to visit our earlier Easter crafts and activities.Our Easter category features activities which are simple enough for the little hands to do and are a lot of fun. We have done a Basket weaving craft , Easter Egg shell Painting, Soap eggs that involves a ton of fine motor workout and provides fun.
I love it when I don’t have to spend a ton of money at a craft store for things I would occasionally use. I’m always trying to create and re purpose stuff lying around the house. This craft activity does just that.
[box title=”Things we used” color=”#333333″]
- Styrofoam bowls
- Pipe cleaners
- Construction paper
- Paper punch
Punch out two holes on either side of a Styrofoam bowl and use a pipe cleaner to create a handle. Be gentle with the handle making as the holes might tear up.
Create a head , body and wings for the chick. Ears and a cotton tail for the bunny. Add the eyes, beak and nose for our Easter animals.
Aren’t they cute? Perfect activity to do when you have company or you hosting a crafty play date. This Easter craft requires very minimal effort from parents and kids.
Add the grass and you are ready for the hunt !
Note: Since we are using Styrofoam bowls gentle should be our mantra! [divider top="0"]
Thanks for reading
Please take a moment to comment
In the past we have shared a few Spring Activities for kids here on the blog.
Follow us on Pinterest for more kids activities. If you love play based learning and enjoy doing activities with your kids, Pinterest truly is the place to be: For parents, educators and care-givers.
Hi friends, we are very glad to have contributed to a resourceful new e-book. Do you have toddlers or babies in your life and feel coming up with baby activities is so challenging? We, in collaboration with other bloggers have put together a book with GREAT activities for babies and toddlers.
- There are 25 unique baby/toddler play ideas.
- The activities for babies and toddlers are explained very thoroughly with bright pictures and clear step-by-step instructions.
- The ideas are very simple and perfect for busy new moms of babies and toddlers.
- You will get exposed to 25 new blogs where the women behind the blogs share so many ideas for baby play, toddler play, preschooler play and up.
- There are additional 50 links to whole new ideas for play.
- There is a wide range of activities with classic baby play, sensory play, homemade toys and many learning activities.