Sensory activities for kids. Let them enjoy a warm summer day with fresh flowers and colored sand.
Today we have another simply quick play idea. You can read our previous installments here.
A few days ago we shared a colored sand – 3 ways post. That post will show you the method to make scented colored sand. Once we had our colorful sand box ready, it was ready for a fun sensory activity. Sensory activities with sand as a base are so easy to set up. We just added a few of our favorites.
[box title=”Things we used” color=”#333333″]
- Sand/Colored Sand
- Fresh flower petals
- Aquarium gravel
- Muffin tins and scoops
You don’t *have* to use colored sand. Regular sand is just as fun to mix up with other elements. I set out a muffin tin along with scoops for the kids to scoop, pour and create.
Flowers were such a fun and fragrant addition to the sensory activity. We tried to pick up the petals which were fallen down as much as possible. It was my 4 year old’s idea to add some “sprinkles” to the sand cupcakes she will be making. We added some aquarium gravel as colorful toppings.
Colorful sandy cupcake with sprinkles for mom.
This sensory activity is a good example to show how play takes its on course with kids. The kids went ahead and added a few grass clippings to make a colorful concoction of sand, flowers and grass,
For anytime quick play idea, my go-to is a simple sensory activity which is easy to throw together. In this case, all I needed was sand and flowers!
A warm afternoon well spent playing, laughing and making with an easy to create sensory activity with colored sand.
Thanks for reading.
You might like to see another nature play we did recently. Mud foot spa anyone?
To continue to play with us, keep in touch via Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus or our personal favorite Pinterest.
Hi friends, we are very glad to have contributed to a resourceful new e-book. Do you have toddlers or babies in your life and feel coming up with baby activities is so challenging? We, in collaboration with other bloggers have put together a book with GREAT activities for babies and toddlers.
- There are 25 unique baby/toddler play ideas.
- The activities for babies and toddlers are explained very thoroughly with bright pictures and clear step-by-step instructions.
- The ideas are very simple and perfect for busy new moms of babies and toddlers.
- You will get exposed to 25 new blogs where the women behind the blogs share so many ideas for baby play, toddler play, preschooler play and up.
- There are additional 50 links to whole new ideas for play.
- There is a wide range of activities with classic baby play, sensory play, homemade toys and many learning activities.